Indian Television is quite popular for airing different genres of daily soaps to entertain the audiences. We can watch out the telly series which are based on family drama, comedy shows, reality shows and many more are coming up these days. Beside these, a wide range of historic telly soaps are telecasted from time to time which manages to entertain the audiences completly . Let us have a look at the top 5 popular historic serials which have become extremely famous among the people of India so far.
- Jodha Akbar: ZEE TV presented this popular historical TV series. This serial was first aired on 18th of June 2013. This serial was produced by Balaji Telefilms of Ekta Kapoor. Rajat Tokas and Paridhi Sharma were in the lead role of this historic drama. This epic drama is based on the story line of the jodha-Akbar, their marriage and the political relation between Rajputs and Mughals. The last episode was telecasted on 07 August 2015.
- Chakravartin Ashok Samrat: This historical drama was aired on Colors. Ashok Banker was the screen writer and author of this drama. Contiloe Entertainment was the producer of this drama under the direction of Prasad Gavandi. The casting was done very cleverly. Manoj Joshi, Pallavi Subhash, Prinal Oberoi, Siddharth Nigam were in the lead roles. The story line of this drama is based on the life of Samrat Ashoka of Mourya dynasty. The very fast episode was aired on 2 February 2015 starting with the chilhood part of Ashoka and then the story progressed till the time he became Chakravartin Ashok Samrat. The last episode was aired on 7 October 2016.
- Veer Shivaji: Based on the life of Shivaji, the founder of Maratha Kingdom in 17th century, the telly series Veer Shivaji was produced to get telecasted on colors. Contiloe Entertainment was the producer of this famous historical telly series. Paras Arora played the character of Shivaji Raje Bhosle and among others Shilpa Tulaskar, Dr Amol Kolhe were in the lead roles. The serial managed to create sensation among the audiences . First Episode was telecasted on 2 September 2011 and last one on 25 May 2012.
- Bharat Ka veer Putra- Maharana Pratap: This historical telly series was produced by Contiloe Entertainment and this was directed by Abhimanyu Raj Singh. This historical drama is based on the life of Maharana Pratap, the most powerful Hindu Rajput Ruler in Mewar during 16th This show was telecasted on Sony. Faisal Khan, Sharad Malhotra, Roshni Wallia, Janna Zubir Rahmani, Jineer Rath were in the lead roles within this telly series. First episode aired on 27 May 2013 and last on 10 December 2015.
- Dharti ka Veer Yodha- Prithviraj Chauhan: The famous historical Telly series Dharti ka Veer Yodha- Prithviraj Chauhan was aired on Start Plus. This mega serial was based on the life of warrior of 12th century, Prithviraj Chauhan. The script of this historical drama was written by C.L Saini and produced by Sagar Pictures. Anas Rashid played the portrayal of Prithviraj Chauhan and the character of young Prithviraj Chauhan was played by Rajat Tokas. First episode was aired on 12 May 2006 and last one on 15 March 2009.