Introduction: Among the highest paid and talented actresses in B’town, Anushka Sharma is one of the most popular names in recent days. She does not belong to any star family, but her excellent skill of acting and her charming beauty have placed her in the top row with other Bollywood’s leading ladies. She started her acting career under the big banner of Aditya Chopra’s Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi on 2008. She shared the screen with Shah Rukh Khan in her very first film. This was the starting of her acting career and then she never looked back. Her excellent performance as Tani Sahni in this movie gave her big appreciation. She got the awards for Best Actress and Best Female Debut for this movie.
Anushka Sharma Personal statistics:
- Name : Anushka Sharma
- Nick name : Anu, Nushie
- Zodiac Sign : Taurus
- Height: 5 ft 9”
- Favorite Color: white, Grey, Navy blue, Black
- Brother: Karnesh Sharma
- Favourite Perfume : Miller Harris – Coeur De Jardin
- Occupation: Actress, Model, Producer
- First Bollywood Film: Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi ( 2008)
Bio of Anushka Sharma: On 1st May, 1988, Anushka Sharma was born to Cornel Ajay Kumar Sharma and Ashima Sharma. Her father is an army officer and her mother is a homemaker. Her brother, Karnesh Sharma, previously served in the Merchant Navy, is a film producer at present. Anushka Sharma was brought up in Bangalore and Anushka was brought up in Bangalore and she did her schooling from Army School in Bangalore. She did her graduation in Arts. She always wanted to flourish in the modeling profession and she joined Elite Model Management in the year 2007 to mark the beginning of her career in the modeling industry. She walked on the ramp at Lakme Fashion week for the famous designer Wendell Rodrick. She appeared in various advertisements for different products like Silk & Shine, Nathella Jewelry, Fiat Palio, Whisper, etc. Other than acting and modeling, she always stands in support of different charitable work. To support the campaign of women empowerment, she walked on the ramp for Shabana Azmi’s Mijwan Welfare society in the year 2013. She also appeared with other Bollywood stars in the campaign “Education for Children”
Awards & Achievements:
Award and Recognitions bagged by Anushka Sharma in India:
- In the year 2006 she won Star Guild Awards for Best Female Debut for the movie Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi.
- It was the year 2011, when she won the prestigious Dada Saheb Phalke Academy Excellent Performance Award for the movie Band Baja Baaraat.
- She got the IIFA Best Actress, Hottest Pair (with Ranvir Singh); Favorite Jodi (with Ranvir Singh) in the year 2011 for the movie Band Baja Baaraat.
- It was again in 2011, when she won Star Guild Award for Best Actress in a leading role for the movie Band baja Baaraat.
- She was honored with Stardust Best Comedy /Romance Actress for the movie Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl
- For Film Jab Tak Hai Jaan she won Filmfare award for Best Supporting Actress in 2013
- In 2013 she won Best Comedy/Romance Actress in Stardust award for Jab Tak Hai Jaan.
- She was honored with the award for A Abbas Honour for Social Consciousness for the movie NH10.
- 2008: RabNe Bana Di Jodi
- 2010: Badmaash Company, Band Baja Baaraat
- 2011: Patiala House, Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl
- 2012: Jab Tak Hai Jaan
- 2013: Matru Ki Bijli Ka Mandola
- 2014: PK
- 2015: NH10
- Bombay Velvet
- Dil Dhadakne Do
- 2016: Sultan
- 2016: Ae Dil Hai Muskil
- 2017: Philauri
Social Media Popularity:
Facebook Followers – 6769402 Likes
Twitter Followers – 5 Million